Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Glam Chic with some rustic touches Living Room.

Hi friends! Today I am sharing my early spring living room. When it comes to a certain style, I would say I'm a little of everything! I love modern mixed with vintage pieces, a little rustic, glam, & always color! I change my colors up quite a bit especially during the holidays. I am a lover of pinks, purples & I LOVE gold! The best thing I have learned is to keep lots of neutral pieces mixed in with seasonal or color. I once had a bright red living room & I'm too much of a frequent changer of accessories to commit to a color on the wall, so with some persuasion, I got my husband on board & we painted our living room a nice, calming gray color. Since we painted end of last summer, I love that I can add in different colors & have more freedom! I always think its important to love the spaces you live in & I love to switch out my decor with very versatile pieces, like throw pillows, blankets maybe a colorful vase & flowers.

I never spend a lot of money on these items. I find the best home decor pieces at places like Target, Homegoods, Marshalls, TJ Maxx & IKEA.  They are extremely affordable and it allows me to change things more frequently for a whole new look. I also thrift a lot of things too. You'd be surprised what people get rid of! One man's trash is another ones treasures for sure! I actually found many pieces in this room at Goodwill! The end table & coffee table ( which is getting a makeover) as soon as its warm enough outside to spray paint. They were both thrifted pieces that I rehabbed. I wanted a glass top or mirror coffee table forever but its just not in the budget to spend on a coffee table. With two growing kids to clothe & feed, I always search the clearance sections, scratch & dent bins & Goodwill when I can for pieces. Helpful hint: IKEA has a clearance section that I have found some amazing pieces. Its all their showroom display pieces that they discount after they aren't using! Some items are damaged but I have found things like duvet covers, blankets, pillows & organizers for more then half off!

So here are a few pictures of my living room! Thank you for taking the time to read! Any questions please email me at modernchicinteriors @gmail.com
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment